This is an easy way to make your own Brown Rice Cereal, As we have stated in the last baby food post, there are a couple of ways of doing it.
The way we are showing today is the easiest, and closest to the commercial cereal you buy in boxes at the store.
However you do have to grind the rice to make a flour.
Making our own baby food allows us to control exactly what goes into Williams body.
As parents, we want to ensure that he only gets the foods he needs without a lot of chemicals and sugars.
As parents we want him to have everything he needs to grow up strong, smart, and adaptable – and at this age the best thing we can do is to feed him well and give him lots of attention.
1/2 cup short grain brown rice (i like to use organic brown rice)
- Place the brown rice in a spice grinder or blender for 45 seconds-1 minute or until finely ground.
- At this point you can store the rice powder in a sealed container in the refrigerator or in a cool dark place.
- To make 1 serving for a 4-6 month old baby
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and sprinkle in 2 tbsp of the ground brown rice.
- Whisk continuously for 30 seconds and then occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy. This is to prevent any lumps from forming.
Serve as is or with fruit or other additions as desired or recommended by your pediatrician